Trends in the Medical Device Manufacturing IndustryLeak detection plays a critical role in medical device manufacturing, as many medical devices rely on device integrity and have fluid management functions that can be dangerous to the patient if compromised. Uson has been partnering with medical device manufacturers for more than 50 years. During that time, we’ve watched the industry evolve and change as market dynamics and innovation spur change. Right now, we see three important market dynamics that are impacting medical device manufacturing:
- Product innovation is being driven by the need for a faster time to market and increased regulatory compliance
- Non-compliance within the highly regulated industry can significantly impact the profitability of medical device manufacturing
- Consolidation of companies within the industry is creating globalization challenges, such as language and communication issues, uniformity of processes, and availability of skilled human resources.
- The pace of product innovation
- Compliance with regulations, and
- Industry consolidation
Trackback from your site.